Successful Muslim Marriage Tips – Follow For A Peaceful Life
Advertisement: If you ever need any help with fixing your marriage, I would suggest you take a look at this video (opens in a new tab):
“And among His Signs is this that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts). Verily in that are Signs for those who reflect” (30: 21).
No doubt, Marriage is not a compulsory act like five times prayer but we follow Sunnah of our beloved prophet Muhammad (s.w.w).Marriage brings mankind spiritually closer to Allah Almighty.
Different school of thoughts describes marriage as: It is not compulsory act but if you did, you would be rewarded Prophet Muhammad (s.w.w)’s guidance, more responsibilities to accept, and rights for others to fulfill. Our beloved prophet (s.w.w) was married to eleven or thirteen women; some of them were widow and some of them were freed slave or Divorcee except Hazrat Ayesha (R.A) D/o Abu Bakar. Our prophets Muhammad (s.w.w) always fulfilled their rights ignoring his own.
For Women, The Prophet Muhammad (s.w.w) said:
“A woman is married for four reasons, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her piety. So you should marry the pious woman otherwise you will be losers.”Narrated by Abu Huraira, in Sahih al-Bukhari & Muslim (Book 62:27, Marriage)
• Apart from human production, there are many objectives like love, protection, care, mercy, spiritual harmony, respect and emotional well-being of each other.
• Both parties (husband & wife) must be aware of their role but never play with role.
• Take good care of your physical grooming and hygiene as our prophet (P.B.U.H) is the best example .He always kept him hygienically strong so keep in touch with gym, swim, and trim about your physic.
• Develop sense of humor as it can add more ease to your difficulties in day to day life.
• Quickly admitting your mistakes will lead a better life style with your mate.
• Women have the right to choose husband no matter he is already married or single.
• Although women have the right to dissolve marriage but it is only one act (Halal) in Islam that Allah does not like .It is worst thing as Allah said. So, try to avoid such acts.
For Men Our Beloved Prophet said:
“Whoever comes to you and you’re pleased with their deen and characters (khuluq) marry them!”
• Men must share their earnings and properties with his wife while she has the right to keep her earnings and properties in her own custody.
• Man should always have helping hand and care to his wife. It will lead the life towards happiness and peace.
• Never blame women for any wrong act until and unless you have the proof against her.
• Never ask about Dowry (jahyz) from women as it is the duty of man to fulfill basic needs of women (shelter, clothing etc).
• The marriage contract should be on mutual state so it will lead towards long term relationship.
Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead righteous. Quran 25:74
A happy married life is considered the one in which both parties have equal rights and mutual understanding. So follow Quran and marry with mate whom you feel that he/she is the best for you.